This isn’t about football but it’ something that my partner had been getting into. It is dancing! Nowadays, more and more people are getting involved with dancing and the number of people getting into this and gymnastics classes seems to be increasing. It seems to allow many people to get active, socialise within their communities and develop their creative skills.
The are many benefits to taking part in dance or gymnastics classes such as increasing the amount of exercise that you do or meeting new people who have interests in the same things. In Europe, there is an exercise target set for children which is a minimum of 1 hour per day and 30 minutes 5 times per a week for adults. These targets might seem quite large at first but they can be achieved quite easily by using dance as a form of exercise. There are many benefits from increasing the amount of exercise that you perform such as reduced stress, stronger muscles and bones and higher levels of relaxation.
Dance also has benefits for those who do not consider themselves as sporty of fitness fanatics. You not only get more exercise from dancing but you also get to participate in a form of art thus it provides a creative outlet.
The entertainment industry is huge, employing a large number of dance and gymnastics related persons such as choreographers, teachers and professional and amateur dancers. There are also more roles that are closely related to the dance and gymnastics fields such as producers, promoters, physiotherapists, writers, technicians and stagehands. The skills which people obtain from getting involved in these areas can be very useful in many other career paths that they can decide to take. The confidence that they also gain through dancing and gymnastics helps to boost their self esteem, build social skills, communicate and coordinate better. Here are a few more good reasons to dance or do gymnastics:
- Dancing is proven to keep the body and the brain in a more active state which is highly important for people at any age
- It aids muscle growth, keeps joints healthy and improves flexibility and strength.
- You can meet new people and make new friends with people who have similar interests.
- It improves your balance and posture. It can also improve your knowledge of the body’s biology.
- Having a hobby such as gymnastics can reduce levels of stress.
- You can gain a great insight into other cultures and learn a great deal about the world and history.
- Dancing can help to build those vital communication skills and can lead to new career opportunities in the dance field.
- Your self esteem improves with dancing. You will also gain a confidence in learning and mastering new skills.
- It provides a creative and artistic outlet for people where people can express their personalities.
- Its a fun way to create new possibilities, enjoy yourself and stay healthy at the same time.
To get started with dancing, its a simple as getting in touch with your local community centre to find what dancing classes they offer and joining one. As you get more serious, you might need to find some clothing or even equipment. For gymnastics, a leotard is usually required and Danskin or Capezio make some of the best gymnastics leotards for girls. For ballroom dancing, you need a gown and salsa dancing can also have a strict dress code.